Saturday, March 12, 2016

We're baaaack!




Some things happen....and it did. While we were minding our own business of traveling to Florida to spend Christmas with some of our children and grandchild...I became ill. On Christmas Eve! It has taken a while to recover after many doctor visits and procedures....hopefully I am on the mend. 

All the more reason we are doing what we do! Exploring the good 'ole USA with my wonderful husband while visiting family along the way.

January, February and some of March were spent in Florida. Gerard and I are grandparents again to a little boy born the middle of February. So we have been enjoying grand kids....and resting. 3 of 5 children joined us for Christmas in Sarasota. We spent many sunny days on Siesta Key beach. What a way to spend the holidays, right? Afterwards all of the many cold fronts and tornadoes made their way through. Key West even brought heaters out storage. Crazy weather! And we went as far south as possible! Key West!

Swimming with the Manatees-checked off the list, but I would love to do that again. on our way north, we stayed in Yankeetown, drove a short way to Crystal River and did the tour. The 6 AM tour! So worth it to be out before anyone, even tho the critters-manatees were sleeping. The fog was on the water, quiet, calm...excellent morning. The next day we kayaked the area and decided before coming back we would purchase wet suits (thrift store) and do our own tour. The cost of the suit would possibly be less than the tour. And we could use them again in Florida when the water temp is low.

Traveled thru Mississippi and visited Gerard's parents. They are storing our car while we aim for Seattle by summer! Family stories...you know what I mean.

Before exiting MS, we caught up with John and Linda, our Amazon friends. I think we talked for two days! They were helping out family in North MS and invited us to boon-dock on their place-so we did.

Today finds us in Missouri visiting my parents. The weather is a delightful drippy 60 degrees and gray (sarcasm intended). But, family time brings out the sunshine on dreary days. So we are here. My parents own an RV park....and we have FHU. I like my water and electric :) But, I can dry camp, too....depends.


No comments:

Post a Comment